How to Apply Fake Tan Perfectly
If you love the bronzed glow regardless of whether it is winter or summer, we’ve got good news for you! You don’t have to expose yourself to the harmful sunrays to achieve this. With the range of self-tanners now available on the market getting a tanned look is now easy, effective and harmless!
But learning how to apply a fake tan is the key to avoiding blotchy streaks. By following these fake tan tips you’ll achieve a flawless look every time.
– An essential fact in how to apply fake tan is choosing the right self-tanner shade for your skin, so it’s probably not the best idea to look at the darkest shades on the first go if you’ve got very fair skin. Always choose a shade which matches the colour you would naturally tan in under the sun.
– The best of the pre-session fake tan tips is to exfoliate before you apply the fake tan. This helps to remove the dead skin cells from the surface, including dry and uneven skin patches, which over-absorb the tanning solution resulting in a blotchy tanned look. Rub the exfoliator more over dry areas like the elbows, knees, palms and soles. This is an essential step in how to apply fake tan because it will help give you a natural look that lasts longer.
– Easy fake tan tips also include moisturising your entire body before the tan. Pay close attention to drier areas of the body like the knuckles, knees and elbows. By making your body smooth and soft, your tan will glide over these areas and give you an even tan all over.
– Avoid giving away your fake tan by applying Vaseline on the nails to prevent them turning that unpleasant orange shade!
– Wear tanning gloves or thin rubber gloves which fit you tightly so that your palms do not get tanned.
– Cover your feet when applying the spray tan. Use a towel to cover them or wash immediately after application.
– A great fake tan tip is to apply the solution before heading off to bed. The body tends to get naturally hot at night, which then aids in darkening the tan. Don’t forget to wear a dark night suit and place old bed sheets on the bed!
– When applying the fake tan, by systematic. Start from the top – begin tanning from the face and then move down to the body. Apply the tanning solution on the hands and feet in the end.
– Use a buff or tanning mitt over the foot and ankles so that your tan looks more natural. Clean your nails on both hands and feet after you are done tanning.
– When following these fake tan tips, you must not forget to wash the hands again after applying the fake tan. Moisturise them again and then rub the outer part of the hands with a small amount of tan. Clean the nails in case any colour spreads over it.
– Apply a little moisturiser on your wrists and with the help of a tanning mitt, buff up the arm. This will create a natural looking tan line.
– The next day, wash off the tanning product and then pat dry your body. Apply moisturiser everyday so that your tan lasts longer.